Who is this course aimed at?
Leaving or left school? Thinking of coming to college but still not sure what you want to do as a career? Let Angus College’s SkillZone course help you.
What entry requirements will I need?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
How and where will I study?
Available flexi attendance, duration & start dates. Available in Arbroath only. This course is held in a specially designated area where you can study on an individual timetable at a pace to suit your own abilities.
What will I study on this course?
SCQF Level 3 – 5
The SkillZone will help you to focus on your own needs in relation to your future. With an emphasis on personal development, you will be supported to develop various skills that will enable you to make informed choices.
You will study:
1. Introduction to Personal Development
2. Personal Development Award, where you will:
– Develop task management skills
– Demonstrate practical abilities in a range of contexts
– Raise awareness of your own qualities, feeling, achievements and areas of development
3. PC Passport, where you will undertake the following units:
– Introduction to IT Software and Presenting Information
– Introduction to IT Systems
4. Business & Administration SVQ Level 1 Units:
– Contribut to working with others in a business environment
– Using e-mail
5. Measuring and Assessing Soft Skills
6. Core Skills of Numeracy, Communications, Working with Others and Problem Solving
There is an option of contuing to a second year in SkillZone where you can further develop your Business and Administration skills through:
1. SVQ Level 2 Business and Administration (range of units available)
2. Practical Administration Skills
3. Practical IT Skills
4. Employability and Progression
5. Core Skills of Numeracy, Communications and Working with Others
Job and progression routes?
Progression to NC Administration & Information Technology or other NC programmes. Should you have undertaken a work experience placement during the course, employment by the placement provider may be a possibility.